« from sun to snow | home | imminent »

29 March 2005

t-minus one week

i've started talking about the departure date as 'next tuesday' rather than 'april 5th'. i'm still in the midst of packing and making final prepartions... i'm adding new items to my to do list at the same rate i'm crossing off old items. i'm excited, nervous, a bit overwhelmed, and very busy.

my laptop is ready to go and i've taken care of rerouting all of my old mail accounts to my new account. i still have a few things to clean up off of my desktop computer, but i'll most likely be using my laptop exclusively this next week.

i've purchased several applications for my palmone treo to help manage information on the road and will be installing those this evening. that should just about do it from the technology side of things.

posted by paul on Tue 29 Mar 2005 at 19:28:51 est (-05:00)

comments

If you don't have it you should get Metro, the free (as in beer and speech) Palm guide to public transport systems worldwide.

You can get it from http://surf.to/metro

You can download maps for more than 250 cities included, most of them with complete information (575 stations in London, 785 in New-York, 1600 in Tokyo, 839 in Paris), including suburban systems, buses, trams, ferries...

posted by Jonathan Lieberman on Tue 29 Mar 2005 at 20:40:11 est (-05:00)

very cool. thanks jonathan!

posted by paul recon on Wed 30 Mar 2005 at 02:46:22 est (-05:00)

Great pictures from Miami. I read somewhere an
article by Paul Theroux ( long distance travel
author)saying his 1 must have item for a trip is
a small short-wave radio. Relax + enjoy !

posted by Bob on Wed 30 Mar 2005 at 08:38:31 est (-05:00)

It turns out I will be crossing the Atlantic myself for the next 2 weeks. I have some customer visits and a trade show in Germany to attend to. Anyway, I think your trip is starting in London, but do look me up if you get to Germany while I'm there. I'd be cool to catch up with a familiar face at a pub in Hannover or something.

posted by Tom on Thu 31 Mar 2005 at 12:20:05 est (-05:00)

hey tom! i don't think i'm going to get to germany until june. too bad... i would have liked to hang out.

posted by paul recon on Thu 31 Mar 2005 at 12:35:38 est (-05:00)

Hi from NC,
Can't believe it's almost that time!! One more day stateside. We're glad you have to come back in June though for Jenn's wedding cause we'll miss you. Jenn says don't for get the tux. Please keep in touch and keep safe. Love you

posted by MoM & Jenn on Sun 03 Apr 2005 at 10:22:02 est (-05:00)