« imminent | home | what the hell was i thinking? »

06 April 2005

arrival in london!

i made it! i'm in london right now... heathrow airport. customs was a breeze... i had a layover in shannon, ireland, where i told irish customs officials that i was just passing through to london. after arriving in london, i didn't have to go through customs at all... no questions, no stamp, nothing. haven't slept at all and need to figure out how to get to sam's place. note to self: make sure to transfer funds from savings into checking before trying to withdrawl money from an atm. i now have 100 pounds sterling. i drank 150 ml of coke on the plane. i'm very tired.

posted by paul on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 08:22:43 est (-05:00)

comments

You payed off the customs agent, didn't you...

posted by pindu on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 11:00:00 est (-05:00)

Hey Paul-
It's Jody-Matt's friend. We spoke about this trip-and I just wnated to say that I'm really excited for you and proud of you! If you need any travel advice let me know. Take care and enjoy yourself-don't forget to get yourself in uncomfotable situations.

posted by Jody on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 14:47:34 est (-05:00)

your first food assignment: bangers & mash.

i let you off easy. report back.

posted by donna on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 15:36:42 est (-05:00)

no coordinates?

posted by sjn on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 16:42:39 est (-05:00)

p: no payment necessary. they know better. :)

jody: thanks! definitely keep in touch and if there's any travel advice you'd like to pass on, just write me at paul@globalrecon.org or post it in one of the comments.

donna: i accept the mission.

sjn: i'll post the coordinates for each destination after i've reached the next destination in order to thwart potential stalkers. :)

posted by paul recon on Wed 06 Apr 2005 at 19:02:10 est (-05:00)

Paul-
Glad to hear that the darkness can really make you see the light.
Enjoy-i guarentee these momnets will be the most memorable.
Jody

posted by jody on Sat 01 Oct 2005 at 16:27:18 est (-05:00)

Hey Paul...It's Jennifer Saunders. How are you. I'm sure you're great from the looks of it. How exciting to be able to travel like you are. That must be so expensive. You must have had to save up for awhile. So what's new with you? Are you still living in mass? I'm still in Vt. I'm living in Milton with my boyfriend. Well i thought I'd write and say hi. Talk to you later!

posted by Jennifer on Mon 10 Oct 2005 at 19:51:31 est (-05:00)

hey jenn! great to hear from you. yes, i saved up for a while to be able to do this. western europe is definitely more expensive than eastern, and switzerland takes the number one position for the most . i paid more than $4 us for a bottle of sprite the other day. ugh. i suppose my home base is still in mass although i moved out of my apartment, so technically i'm homeless and unemployed. hope things are great for you. stay in touch!

posted by paul recon on Mon 17 Oct 2005 at 04:48:22 est (-05:00)

Hey Paul, So you say you're homless and unemployed. Well join the club I just got laid off the other day. Sucks huh? I can't believe you piad $4 U.S. for a bottle of Sprite, what a rip off. So have you gone to Amsterdam yet? That is one place I have always wanted to go. I want to check out the coffee shops there if you know what I mean..lol. So why did you quit the band? Are you ever going to start it up again? Well I hope all is well. Talk to you later.

posted by Jennifer Saunders on Tue 25 Oct 2005 at 18:47:11 est (-05:00)

jenn s: i was just in amsterdam a week ago. i used my time there mostly to prepare myself for india, so i really didn't go out much. sorry, no debauchery stories. or none that i'm willing to share anyway. ha! as for the band, there's a possibility the children will be back but i'm not sure how soon.

posted by paul recon on Sat 29 Oct 2005 at 00:39:44 est (-05:00)